Monday, September 10, 2007

recovering from Blue Mountain race

what better way to recover from a weekend mountain bike race than to bike into work? I'm a bit sore all over but it's a good idea to spin a little right after a race to stretch out those sore muscles. It was the best race of the year, couldn't ask for anything more: 2 laps at 9.5 miles each consisting of monster climbs, crazy twisted singletrack and rock gardens from hell! My son raced also and did very well for a 1st timer, second place in his category! That after running in from mile 5 with a flat! He must have really been hammering to flat like that- long snakebite that wouldn't take a patch. He hadn't changed a tube before so I didn't pack a one for him.

I'm sitting at my desk looking at the battle outside between good (sunshine) and evil (torrential rain), I hope good wins by 5 O'clock!

-S


No comments: